Today i will share the tried and tested way of preparing ubtan with homemade ingredients, most of which are available in the kitchen and how to use safely for your baby’s sensitive skin. Initially i tried all the well-known ubtan bases like gram flour and besan, but they have in turn darkened my baby’s skin. So tried and tested with only the ingredients that dint caused any reactions and prepared the following ubtan. I have then shared this recipe with one of my friends and, viola, it worked for her son too.
- 2 cups rose petals
- ½ cup almonds
- Few Apricot Kernels
- 2 tsp organic Turmeric
- 3 tsp Sandal wood powder or Fullers earth (Multani Mitti)
- 2 tsp neem powder
- Dry fresh rose petals in shade for a few days
- For 2 cups rose petals, add ½ cup almonds and a few Apricot Kernels
- Finely grind the mixture. Sieve if necessary.
- To this mixture, add 2 tsp organic wild Turmeric powder (Ambe Haldi), 3 tsp Sandal wood powder or Fullers earth (Multani Mitti) + 2 tsp neem powder
- Mix well and store in an airtight container.
Mix 1tsp of powder with 1 tsp of curd and use it as Ubtan after oil massage for babies. It will make their skin smooth and makes them fair.
- It is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Relaxant and reduces anxiety and fussiness
- Vitamin E targets blackness and marks