This recipe is most useful for the babies and children who are underweight and malnourished as per the growth chart.
Ragi is known as Finger Millet in English, which is extremely rich in iron and helpful in weight gaining. It also contains calcium, protein, vitamins B1& B2 and dietary fibers.
You can use it in the form of powder. In order to make powder, was a cup of finger millet
Oats have low saturated fats, cholesterol and are rich in dietary fibers, magnesium, zinc and iron. It also contains thiamin and phosphorus. Overall, it makes a good choice for healthy breakfast.
It is easily digestible for kids and helps relieve them from constipation. You can use it as-is as a porridge, but if your child does not like it or tends to reject it; you can make a fine powder of the oats and store it in an airtight container.
Daily an Apple, keeps a doctor away! And adding apple to food from the beginning of the childhood will definitely help in building overall health. It is rich in iron, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Vitamin C in apples help improve immunity in children.
You can use apple as a first food in the form of puree. With the growth of babies, you can use them for finger food and in porridges.
Preparation time: 5-6 minutes
In order to make this healthy porridge, you need,
- 2 teaspoons of oats powder
- 1 teaspoon of finger millet (ragi ) powder
- 2-3 teaspoons of diced apple
- Add oats powder and ragi powder and mix it with water to remove any lumps.
- Add more water about ½ cup to the mixture and boil it.
- To the mixture add finely diced apple
- Bring down to a thick paste mixture
- Serve it when it is warm enough