If you are a mother, you know the ritual of babies falling constipated from time to time. It is quite common in both breastfed and formula fed babies. But do you know that you can treat constipation with these natural home remedies? Firstly, check the poop of the babies to recognise if they are really constipated.
Castor Oil and Hing
- Mix Asafoetida powder (Hing Powder) with castor oil and rub it around the baby’s naval and in the belly button.
- Placing few drops of castor oil in the belly button.
- Feed milk boiled in ajwain after filtering to the elder kids.
- Massage the belly in clockwise direction several times a day can relive the baby and ease the bowels.
- Hold the foot and do the cycling motion several times.
- Catch each foot with your hands and press the thighs to their stomach to relive the gas, count up to 10 and release the legs. Repeat the same of 20 times.
Raisins (Kismis) Juice
- Take fresh prunes up to 5 or 10 in numbers based on the age of your bub.
- Wash them several times and soak them in a bowl overnight.
- In the morning, crush the prunes using backside of a spoon.
- Mix well with the water and filter the solid parts.
- You can also heat it if necessary, as babies don’t tend to resist when given warm.
Give the drink daily early after bed and increase the dosage from 2 teaspoons to several teaspoons. This will help them relieve constipation and have a easy bowel movement.