Though most women think that unnerving and discomforting pregnancy pain goes away with delivery, the post-delivery pain is much excruciating. While coping with epidural pain, breastfeeding pain and incision and tear related pain is on one side, the other side of it is the joint pains in hand, legs and lower back.
Why Do Women Get Joint Pains?
Increased hormonal activity loosens the joints during pregnancy in order to make the body ready for delivery. These loose joints rub and create friction among bones and create stiffness and lingering pain. The other reasons include
- Weight gain during pregnancy: Even normal weight gain can put strain on joints.
- Edema: Swelling due to Fluid Retention puts pressure on body.
- Physical and emotional strain: Postures during delivery, recovery and while taking care of the baby in addition to the hormonal disturbances.
- Nutritional deficiency: DHA and nutrient deficiency and lack of Vitamin D can cause pains.
You might experience joint pains throughout the body, including feet, ankles, wrists and hands. Compression of nerves from wrists to hands and ankles to legs will take a long time to subside.
Due to higher amount of fluid retention in the body, women delivered through C-section and longer labor induction commonly experience leg pains.
Trying home remedies for pain management is absolute help, and Gelatin is the super star element in coping up with inflammation and spasm pains.
What is Gelatin?
Gelatin is a colorless, odorless protein derived from collagen is normally found in animals. It has a unique amino acids profile made of Proline and Glycine when consumed gives a larger benefit other than just pain management. The Glycine part is anti-inflammatory and hence recover the pain instantly. When consumed it directly effects the small vessels and internal fibers. It helps heal and recover connective tissue in the joints.
Uses of Gelatin
- Strengthens heart muscles
- Reduces inflammation
- Reinforces Joints and muscles
- Maintains healthy skin, hair and nails
- Improves elasticity and provides strength to tendons and ligaments
- Fights against osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
- Irreplaceable for dysplasia
- Prevents ageing and wrinkles, better than botox
3 Easy Ways to Consume Gelatin
- Soups: Add 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder to your regular soups. It not only thickens the consistency but also binds healthy vitamins in the soup from evaporating. Also, it can fill up your daily protein intake.
- Jelly: Take 1 teaspoon full of gelatin powder and add it to half cup of refrigerated cold water. Mix them well. Keep the contents overnight and consume the jelly in the morning on empty stomach. You can also add honey, lemon or orange juice to increase its taste.
- Juice: Boil the water, add oatmeal, and cook it. Blend 2 cups of pineapple, 5gms gelatin, 1cup orange juice and half tsp cinnamon powder. Mix oatmeal with juice and blend again. Drink the content immediately.
- Bone Broth: Add bones, vegetables and spices to the crockpot add a tsp of gelatin to it and cook for few hours to your liking. Serve hot and consume it.