Earlier, we kept you posted with the common eye diseases and how doctors prescribe corrective measurements. Here, we give a consolidated list of effective yet easy home remedies to tackle all the vision and eye ailments. This list keeps you sorted with any kind of issues useful for kids as well as adults.
Stimulating the eye muscles is most important to improve eyesight. Washing the eyes with your mouth filled with water helps to reciprocate each muscles.
- Move the eyes up and down, side to side and in clock and anticlockwise directions for several minutes daily.
The beta-carotene in carrot is a form of Vitamin A keeps eyes healthy and improves sight.
- Consume raw carrot daily on empty stomach
- Add them to salads and juices
Spinach contains lutein and zeaxanthin, besides Vitamins A, B, C, and E, strengthens eye capillaries and cornea and improves vision.
- Add greens daily to your food in the form of salads, curry, smoothies, and sandwich toppings.
Triphala is a combination of three fruits. Ayurveda suggests washing eyes with triphala water daily in the morning.
- In order to make this nutrients rich water, you need to soak triphala overnight and strain the solution in the morning.
This Vitamin C rich fruit stimulates capillaries and retinal cell development. You can consume gooseberry as a jam, juice, candy or capsule.
- Mix a cup of amla juice in glass of water and have it twice daily
- Consume murabba candy
- Freshly make amla juice and consume it with honey
Asparagus (Shatavari) is an ancient herb presumed to slow-down human ageing. Coming to eyesight, it promotes vision and improves its longevity.
- Add one tablespoon each of shatavari powder and honey to warm milk and consume it while going to the bed.
- Soak a handful of almonds overnight. Peel the skin next day morning and consume it daily.
- Consuming about handful of bilberry daily improves your eyesight dramatically.
This herb stimulates retina’s purple component thus, improving night vision. It is proven to fight against cataract, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. The anthocyanoside present in the bilberry is a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant, which helps in fighting diabetes and high blood pressure.
You can also take bilberry supplements on your doctor’s prescription.
Ancient Romans treated fennel as the ‘herb of sight’. The antioxidants and nutrients present in it helps fight cataract and improve vision.
- Add equal amounts of fennel seeds, sugar candy (mishri) and almonds to make a fine powder. Consume it in the night with warm milk.