The severity and symptoms of teething will be different for each child. While few babies breeze through the sprouting process, some might experience hell of a time. Always keep an eye on the baby for any symptoms and try to soothe them by giving more attention and other teething remedies.
- Teethers: Give your baby cold water filled teethers to chew on. You can also buy teethers with different textures or soft cotton cloth chilled in refrigerator.
- Chilled Finger Food: If your baby is above 6 months and is on solid foods, you can give chilled finger foods like carrots, avocado, cucumber to chew on.
- Cold Spoon: Run a cold spoon or your finger firmly and gently on your baby’s teeth.
- Cold Drinks: Give them chilly yogurt, apple sauce and drinks to subside achy gum and relieve pain.
- Comfort: Give extra attention to children and make them comfortable and soothe them day and night.
- Medication: Most of the parents swear by safe homeopathy medications like BioChem21 and Dentonic tablets. These are not pain relievers but calcium supplements which are thought to help teething better. Many people prefer mixing a drop of clove oil in any carrier oil and rubbing on the gum teeth to relieve pain.
- Pain Relievers: If no above remedies helps, then contact your Paediatrician to prescribe pain relieving drops or gels. Do not self-medicate.