Ancient Indians have remedies for all most all the ailments and it’s after effect symptoms. Giving birth is one such fancy where you usually get suggestions from our elders starting from pre-pregnancy to postpartum, from infant care to adolescence and beyond.
If you are new mom or plan to become mother and worried about bloated tummy and ugly looking stretch marks on it? Welcome to motherhood! I think you are eager to get back to your usual self. Even though stretch marks will take certain time to subside into skin colour, a bloated tummy can be managed to a large extent. With the help of several home remedies and following a strict diet plan and regular exercises /yoga postures, you can get back to your flat tummy.
You need to keep in mind to follow a strict diet chart:
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily
- Eat in small quantities every 2 hours
- Include nuts and dates as snack
- Consume protein fiber rich food to avoid gas and constipation
- Do not sleep immediately after eating. Take a walk for 15 to 20 minutes if you like to rest.
- Exercise daily. Start with walking, tummy exercises and yoga postures.
- Follow home remedies and consume powerful herbal concoctions daily
- Avoid Junk food and colas
Today I share with you a best-kept secret about how to lose your postnatal bloated tummy quickly:
- Take a teaspoon of Fenugreek seeds (Methi), Cumin seeds (Jeera), Carom seeds (Ajwain), and Fennel seeds (Sounf). Soak them overnight in a glass bowl or steel bowl. Boil the mixture next day morning and consume it.
- Soak one teaspoon each of Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds overnight. Add half spoon of dried ginger powder to it and boil it. Strain the concoction and drink it. You can also add little candy sugar (misri) or palm jaggery to taste sweet.
- Soak freshly cut cucumber slices, a few ginger chunks, honey to the freshly made lemon water (lemonade) for 3-4 hours, and consume it.
- Soak Cinnamon (Dalchini) and dried ginger chunks or powder overnight. Make a concoction next day morning and consume it.
Exercise: Women who had normal delivery can start exercise immediately after 10 or 15 days of delivery. Women who had C-section need to wait until 3 or 4 months to start on exercises though can do a light walking daily. You can try yoga poses such as Tiger pose, cobra pose, pigeon poses as part of your exercise.
P.S: Do not eat anything until 30 minutes after consuming this concoction to work. Consuming early in the morning and while going to sleep is considered most effective.