Essential oils are naturally extracted plant aromas to promote physical and emotional well-being. These are extensively used in medicine from thousands of years oils.
Aromatic plant extracts have many uses, from treating burns and soothing skin, to alleviating stress and relaxing the mind.
Note: Never apply essential oils directly to the skin, always mix them with a carrier oil. Babies should never drink or ingest essential oils.
- Tea tree Oil: Tea tree oil is antimicrobial, anti fungal, and disinfectant. Adding a few drops of tea tree to a carrier oil like coconut oil or almond oil will help reduce diaper rash and fungal infections. The mixture can also be used to treat cradle cap.
- Sunflower Oil: Sunflower oil is a light and absorbs quickly into the skin making it ideal formassage. When compared to other carrier oils, Sunflower Oil has one of the highest contents of Vitamin E.
- Eucalyptus Oil: Eucalyptus oil can unclog nasal congestion and cough. You can mix a few drops with a carrier oil and rub the mixture on chest, back and palms while sleeping.
- Calendula Oil: Calendula oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin and for severely chapped or split skin.
- Chamomile Oil: It can encourage sleep, calm anxiety, and relieve symptoms of colic.
- Lavender Oil: Lavender oil has calming and sedative effects. It is proven to help relax a fussy baby and encourage sleep. It can alleviate colic, reduces insect bites and itchiness.
- Basil Oil: Basil oil is also an anti fungal, antibacterial and antiviral. It can help relieve pain, muscle spasm, cradle cap, cold and cough.